2009 FBISD Tax Hearing (On YouTube)

CLICK HERE FOR THE 2009 FBISD CONTROVERSIAL TAX HEARING (YES THEY ARE RAISING THEM AGAIN--see petition of over 500 district taxpayers asking for board accountability) --In case anyone missed it they raised the property tax rate again (4th time) in 2010 and more than likely will do so again in 2011 facing another projected 15-20 million dollar budget deficit, according to some media reports. ***NEW*** ..Petition TO STOP THE GSTC (Global Science Museum being planned at the district central office--near $30 million dollar project that superintendent Jenney is pushing): http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stopthegcst/ (see update below on this apparently ending this project after 2 years)

Friday, August 27, 2010

Newly Elected BOT Member Discusses Possibility of Resigning...

A recent post on the Facebook page of Jim Babb:

"...Next to becoming a husband & father, one of the greatest honors to ever be bestowed upon me was the day my community elected me to serve on the FBISD Board. AND I respect those who have selflessly served before me. However, I am now facing some serious medical issues and have been advised to reduce my commitments (stress) and focus more of addressing my health needs. Although I try to keep my personal & family issues private, I will say that my medical issues are not terminal and can improve with proper treatment (and my cooperation).

Having witnessed the attitude and behavior of this superintendant, as well as some FBISD Board members, in closed session as well as other instances, I realize now more than ever the imminent need for more community representation on the FBISD Board. Let me make it clear that I am not in any way alleging nefarious behavior or illegal activity. I believe that most of the current board members are good, honest and decent people. However, I believe the community perspective is currently under-represented.

My greatest concern about resigning my position is the following. Should the May election add another “community voice” to the board, rather than a “hand-picked successor”, he or she will be in the same circumstance as I now find myself. Much more could be accomplished with an additional community voice.

HENCE, God willing and my health improving, I will remain on this board for now. However, I plan to become more vocal when necessary..
."

We will update this as needed...